Effective June 13, 2020, end users whose devices utilize legacy encryption will no longer be able to access Bank-by-Net and CitizensBank24 - Mobile. This change can affect CitizensBank24 - Mobile app users regardless of your app version. While your app may be current, if the user's device utilizes legacy encryption, you will no longer be able to access the app.
Who will be affected by this change?
- Users accessing Bank-by-Net via a non-supported browser
- See Supported Browsers, below
- Users accessing CitizensBank24 - Mobile (native apps or mobile browser) with iOS 9 (2016) or Android 4.4.2 (2013)
- Access via third-party aggregators utilizing TLS 1.1
Citizens Bank supports the current and prior major releases of Internet Explorer (IE) 11, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. When a new version is announced as Release to Web (RTW), support will cease on the third-oldest major version.
Please note that utilizing older browsers may result in disabled functionality or limited access to services.
Supported Browsers - Current and Prior Major Release
- Internet Explorer (IE) 11 & Microsoft Edge
- Safari - Apple/Mac Users only
- Google Chrome
The supported browsers above are for use with the traditional online banking interface and devices (desktop/laptop), and do not apply to use with mobile devices (phones/tablets). If using a phone or tablet to access online banking outside of an app, functionality and appearance may vary from the traditional interface.
Note: It is not recommended to use Compatibility View with Internet Explorer, as the user experience is degraded.
Beta versions are not supported. When new versions of browsers are announced as ready to Release to the Web (RTW) by the provider, they will become a supported version.
The following types of tools and/or access are not recommended and may impact experience:
Accessing accounts via an embedded browser such as:
- Personal or Commercial Financial Management Software (Quicken, QuickBooks, etc.)
- Browser bars within AOL, Yahoo, Google, etc.
- Internet portal access within gaming system such as xBox.
- Use of browser add-ins (emoticons, FunWeb services, etc.)