Department: Process Improvement
Reports to: Process Improvement Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Learning and Development Specialist role is responsible for training, development of training programs, and facilitating learning opportunities for team members at all levels. There will be an emphasis on customer facing team member training in software applications, policies, procedures, customer service, sales techniques, and soft skills. Measures of success may include but not be limited to 1) improvement of customer service and sales skills, 2) customer feedback and/or surveys, 3) employee evaluations reflecting improved performance related to areas of training, 4) management observations, and other pertinent data or observations.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate professionally with confidence and enthusiasm, creating a positive learning experience with every learning session. This role will require regular travel to our Knoxville and Tri-Cities area branches for in-person training events.
• Work with management, human resources, and key employees to develop well rounded training program for the organization.
• Train new hires and conduct orientation sessions.
• Conduct periodic training for existing employees such as refreshers, advanced level training, software release training, etc.
• Participate in train-the-trainer sessions by third party vendors and train employees on the new information acquired.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts.
• Structure each training session with the goal that trainees will gain skills necessary to perform their job duties with knowledge and confidence. Implement measures to determine if this objective is met.
• Identify current and future training needs by staying engaged with management and all departments of the bank.
• Create engaging training content in various formats such as PowerPoint, micro learning tutorials, training videos, instructional materials, aids, handouts, etc.
• Keep training content up to date.
• Continuously evaluate the training to identify where improvements can be made.
• Assist in implementation of a company-wide learning management system.
• Stay updated on changes to bank’s policies, systems, processes, and procedures, as well as current training methods, trends, and best practices in the banking industry.
• Train or facilitate training by subject matter experts. Topics will include but are not limited to:
o Base training for all team members on business related applications (Microsoft Office, etc.)
o Retail employee training
o Digital Banking, ITM and Customer Support
o Loan processor and lender training
o Information Security
o Physical Security
• Support bank’s continuous technology evolution and process improvement.
• Project positive attitude towards change.
• Regular attendance and punctuality required.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree and one (1) year corporate training experience or comparable experience OR
• Three (3) years corporate training experience or comparable experience
• Banking industry experience in a customer facing role preferred.
• Proven ability to adapt training curriculum based on employees’ needs.
• Ability to facilitate training via multiple delivery methods using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, or lectures.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including ability to provide feedback to trainees in a constructive, patient, and diplomatic manner.
• Ability to work well independently and within a team setting, work well with others, and follow rules and procedures.
• Must be able to accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors.
• Possess creativity and the ability to think outside the box.
• Must be able to travel to branches within Knoxville and Tri-Cities Areas
• Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to write, type, file, etc.; and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.