If you’ve got a growing business, customized Treasury Services can optimize your operations and minimize your risks so you can stay focused on the big picture. And if you value old-fashioned customer service and community commitment as much as the latest technologies that save you time and connect you with the world, Citizens Bank could be your ideal financial partner.
A Perfect Fit
“We want to provide world-class service first and foremost,” says Sandra Day, who has served as Citizens Bank’s Treasury Services Officer and will soon be celebrating her well-earned retirement after nearly four decades of leadership in the East Tennessee banking community.
She continues, “We look for a perfect fit for each client – we want to make sure that they can use a product to their best advantage and that they can grow with it, whether they have one person on their payroll or thousands. And with officers in Knoxville and the Tri-Cities, our clients don’t have to call a general number. They can pick up the phone and reach one of us directly.”
Boosting Your Business
Citizens Bank offers a complete array of scalable Treasury Services that can empower small and midsized enterprises to meet key operational objectives:
- Streamline your cashflow. With Cash Manager, Wire Services, and Business Bill Pay, it’s simple to schedule and initiate payments directly from our secure online and mobile banking interface. This can include payroll direct deposit, taxes, insurance premiums, utility bills, and more.1 Plus, Billing Services enable you to expedite the collection of your company’s receivables.
- Increase your revenue. If your customers don’t have the convenience of paying by card or digital wallet either in person or online, you could be leaving money on the table. With Merchant Services from Citizens Bank, your customers can enjoy more options and you can benefit from training, local support, and competitive rates.
- Safeguard your funds. Advanced security features like Positive Pay, Account Reconciliation Services, IBM® Trusteer Rapport, and in-app user controls shield your funds and sensitive data from fraudulent activity. Additionally, Citizens Bank offers multimillion-dollar FDIC protection for your business’s hard-earned cash reserves placed in demand deposit accounts and money market deposit accounts.2
- Decrease your workload. Thanks to Remote Deposit Capture, you can save paper, mileage, and time by depositing checks from your office or on the go, 24/7/365. Reconciliation Services can help you handle accounting functions more efficiently. And ask about our suite of cloud-based apps for managing sales reports, inventory, scheduling, and much more.
- Put your cash reserves to work. When you partner with Citizens Bank, you gain access to powerful tools like Sweep Accounts, Zero Balance Accounts, and Cash Concentration that can maximize your business’s interest-earning potential.3 These solutions can also enable you to pay down credit lines, protect against unauthorized transactions, and simplify bookkeeping.
A Commitment to Service
As always, Citizens Bank pairs these cutting-edge conveniences with a personal touch. Sandra remarks, “My favorite part about Citizens Bank is the culture. Even though we’re a billion-dollar organization, we still operate like a hometown bank in the way we treat our clients as well as our employees.”
Sandra began her banking career in 1985 at First National Bank in Lenoir City, starting out in bookkeeping and rising in the ranks to Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. She joined the Citizens Bank family in 2016 and has coordinated marketing strategy for the Knoxville region in addition to overseeing Treasury Services.
After attending Tennessee Technological University, she graduated from the Southeastern School of Banking, and the ABA Bank Marketing School. Sandra’s dedication to economic empowerment in our region hasn’t stopped at the end of the workday. She has devoted countless hours to volunteer service, including executive roles on the boards of the Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, and Education Foundation in Loudon County.
As she phases into retirement, Sandra will be spearheading a couple of strategic initiatives at Citizens Bank on a part-time basis. But she’s also looking forward to doing a lot more traveling with her husband. “In 2020, we had plans to go to Key West, New York City, and the Dominican Republic. Those trips all got postponed, so we’re hoping to visit some of those places in the coming year.”
Give Us a Holler
Please join us in thanking Sandra for her years of service to Citizens Bank and the broader East Tennessee community – and if you’d like to learn more about our Treasury Services, don’t hesitate to reach out to Steve Kopman (Knoxville) or Roger Davis (Tri-Cities).
Roger Davis, Tri-Cities
Steve Kopman, Knoxville
1, Click here to learn more about NACHA Rules Changes.
2. Limits, terms, and conditions apply. Placement of funds through the IntraFi Network Deposits CD Option formerly CDARS® or IntraFi Network Deposits DDA-MMA formerly ICS® option is subject to the terms, conditions, and disclosures in the service agreements, including the Deposit Placement Agreement (“DPA”). Limits apply. In the IntraFi Network Deposits DDA-MMA option formerly ICS®, program withdrawals are limited to six per month. Although funds are placed at destination banks in amounts that do not exceed the FDIC standard maximum deposit insurance amount (“SMDIA”), a depositor’s balances at the relationship institution that places the funds may exceed the SMDIA (e.g., before IntraFi Network Deposits CD Option formerly CDARS® settlement for a deposit or after IntraFi Network Deposits CD Option formerly CDARS® settlement for a withdrawal). As stated in the DPA, the depositor is responsible for making any necessary arrangements to protect such balances consistent with applicable law. If the depositor is subject to restrictions on placement of its funds, the depositor is responsible for determining whether its use of IntraFi Network Deposits CD Option formerly CDARS® satisfies those restrictions.