Citizens Bank now offers customers the ability to send a secure email to the bank. Secure email is the best way to be sure your confidential information, account number, tax id numbers and/or financial statements are delivered safely. Secure email, just another way to bank your own way at Citizens Bank.
Internet email is an insecure communications channel. Messages sent via standard email travel in plain text and can cross several networks before reaching a final destination. As a result, an opportunity exists for prying eyes to eavesdrop on email messages. Therefore, standard email should not be used to exchange sensitive or private information such as social security numbers, bank accounts numbers, financial statements, etc.
- When the bank sends you a secure email message, the message is sent to a secure data center where it will be held for you to retrieve.
- At the same time, a notification email is sent to you informing you the secure mail message is waiting to be retrieved.
- The notification email will contain a link to the secure website. Simply click the link, log into the website and retrieve your message.
The first time you access secure mail, you will be prompted to create an account.
- Supply your email address and password to create your account.
- A confirmation message will be sent to the email address you entered.
- To complete the process, click on the link contained in the confirmation email. You can now begin using the secure mail system.
When Citizens Bank sends a secure email message, you will receive a notification email.
- Click the link in the email message, and you will be taken to the login screen where you will enter your email address and password you created.
- Once logged in, you can read the secure message, download it to your computer, and/or send a secure reply message to the Bank.
- Click on the secure mail link on the Bank's website.
- Click on the "Login Now" link at the top of the page.
- Enter your email address and the password you created.
- Once logged in, you can create a new message by clicking the "compose" tab.