SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to Tennessee Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronasvirus (COVID-19)
March 19, 2020
Update Regarding Operations due to COVID-19
Citizens Bank remains OPEN to service our customers. However, beginning Monday, March 23, services at all branch locations will be limited to Drive-Up Services and beginning today, Thursday, March 19, service at our State St. location in Bristol, TN is limited to Drive-Up Services only. Lobby services, such as safe deposit box access and new loans will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY. New deposit accounts may be opened online at citizensbank24.com. Of course, all our ATM, Online, Mobile, Card, and Customer Contact Support services will continue to operate without interruption. This adjustment in services is temporary and we plan to return to full service as soon as practical.
Citizens Bank is well positioned to weather the COVID-19 pandemic currently affecting the globe. As a financial institution with an 85-year history, we have laid the groundwork and have a sound foundation to provide the products and services our customers have come to expect. Citizens remains one of the most well-capitalized banks in Tennessee. The FDIC has reminded Americans that FDIC-insured banks remain the safest place to keep their money. Since 1933, no depositor has ever lost a penny of FDIC-insured funds.
We continue to monitor the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as state and local agencies, and are adjusting our practices accordingly. The health and safety of our staff and customers is of utmost importance.
Thank you for the cooperation and support.
To schedule an appointment:
Email: Customer Service
March 16, 2020
Information Regarding COVID-19
The health and safety of our associates and customers is a top priority. As cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) increase and spread throughout the country and world, the team at Citizens Bank are actively monitoring the situation and following guidance from state and federal agencies including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Currently all financial operations are continuing as normal, but we are encouraging customers to take advantage of the alternate banking solutions described below including ATMs and drive-thru window services. We have taken the necessary precautions to keep our associates and customers safe and have a detailed plan to ensure we can deliver critical financial services in the event of prolonged escalation of the virus.
What can you do? It is important that we all do our part as responsible citizens to minimize or contain the spread of the virus. We are practicing these precautions and ask that our customers be mindful of the same:
- If you are sick, please stay home. (We provide alternative banking solutions described below for your convenience to provide the ability to bank without visiting a branch.)
- Limit unnecessary travel and avoid travel to high-risk countries or areas.
- Sanitize common office spaces on a frequent basis. (We have increased our cleaning practices and are providing hand sanitizers in every branch lobby.)
- For security reasons, we ask that customers do NOT wear masks into a branch.
- Be vigilant and be on alert for phishing emails and scams. Criminals may use fear to seek to perpetrate scams or send infected emails. Never open an e-mail attachment or click on a picture from someone you don't know. They may have unwittingly advanced malicious code. For example, there have already been reports of emails appearing to be from the CDC or World Health Organization (WHO) with maps of countries with COVID-19 outbreaks. Be suspicious of such emails. If you want updated information regarding COVID-19, go to the CDC or WHO websites. (CDC.gov or WHO.int)
In light of the current events Citizens Bank encourages customers to take advantage of the alternate banking solutions available to help reduce the risk of coming into contact with the virus.
- Online & Mobile Banking
Access and manage your accounts safely and securely from anywhere
- View Balances
- Pay bills
- Transfer funds
- Send money via person to person payments
- Open new accounts
- Manage Debit Card(s)
- Deposit checks using EZ-Mobile deposit
- Digital Wallet
Securely pay for purchases using contactless payments (Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay).
- ATM Services
Drive up ATMs are located at all Citizens Bank branches and offer an array of services
- Cash withdrawals
- Balance inquiry
- Transfers between linked accounts
- Tri-Cities branch locations cash and check deposits with EZ-Deposit ATM service (which can accept up to 30 checks or 50 cash notes in a single bulk deposit)
- Drive up windows are available at all Citizens Bank Branches
- Customer Support Center
Our friendly associates in the customer support center are available during business hours (8:30am-5:00pm M-Th, 8:30am-6:00pm Fri. and 9:00am-12:30pm Sat.) to answer your questions. Simply call 866-882-2265 or
email: email@example.com for assistance
We will continue to monitor this evolving situation and are working hard to ensure we continue to deliver the financial services you need. In the event of a needed change to our operations we will update both our website citizensbank24.com and our social media pages on Facebook and Twitter.